Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: Morphometric Proteomic and PCR Based Genetic Diversity in Common Bean (Phaseolus Vulgaris) Landraces Collected from Malakand, Division, KP, Pakistan
Authors: Sher, Khan
Keywords: Biological & Medical Sciences
Issue Date: 2019
Publisher: Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal, Dir Upper
Abstract: The present study was aimed to analyze the level of genetic diversity (GD) in local of common bean (Phaseolus vulgarus L.) in comparison with exotic genotypes based on morphological and biochemical/molecular characteristics. Field trials for morphological screening were conducted in 2015-2017 in different ecological zones of Malakand Division, KP Pakistan. In qualitative traits, the seed shape was scored by two numbers of alleles, seed color was defined by 13 No. of alleles and four alleles were scored for flower color. In quantitative analysis, the genetic diversity of all variables was 73%; however, it was variable for different characters. Overall, 59% of the yield contributing traits showed a significant level of correlation in the present germplasms. The dendrogram in one way cluster analysis distributed all the 55 lines into 2 lineages. Lineage I (LI) was comprised of 24% missing bean Landraces, while Lineage II was comprised of the remaining 76% landraces. The adaptations of common beans in four zones were 100% (BGH), 20% (KARC), 40% (ARI) and 100% (SBBU). Sheringal and Chakdara (UoM) were found best suited environmental location for the growth of common beans as compared to other like ARI and Kaghan. On individual base, accessions 17, 1, 19, 14, 21, 20, 16, 11, 24 produced high performance in term of PH, Pod L, NOPP, YPP and HI in almost all zones. The proteomic diversity in relation to intra and inter geographic distribution indicated a broad gene pool of P. Vulgaris in Pakistan. The high level of genetic diversity was observed having 90.59% and 88.88%, calculated value for B-4 and B-5 bands. The genetic variability based on SSRs markers ranged from 98% to 0%. Some accessions showed a high diversity in which all the accessions gathered having greater than 70% difference. Further studies are encouraged to find some other aspects of common bean of local zones of Malakand division to trace its evolution trends and to explore the local germplasms having the best quality in term of taste, short time cooking and high yield production and high capacity compete with droughts and diseases.
Gov't Doc #: 20200
Appears in Collections:PhD Thesis of All Public / Private Sector Universities / DAIs.

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Khan sher botany 2019 sbbu sheringal prr.docxphd.Thesis35.41 MBMicrosoft Word XMLView/Open

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.